Cameroon Renew-ed is an EU Capacity Building project set up by a consortium of 3 EU organizations and 3 in Cameroon. We want to support the relevance, accessibility, and responsiveness of VET institutions and systems as a driver of sustainable socio-economic development using innovative renewable expertise on solar, wind and hydro.
Cameroon Renew-ed is an EU Capacity Building project set up by a consortium of 3 EU organizations (Noorderpoort- NL; APRO- IT, MasterPeace- NL) and 3 in Cameroon (Hope for a Better Future, FAP NGO and Sopisdew). We want to support the relevance, accessibility, and responsiveness of VET institutions and systems as a driver of sustainable socio-economic development using innovative renewable expertise on solar, wind and hydro; The new gold for Cameroon!
Our main objective is to improve and increase the capacity of VET teachers and trainers; to boost the exposure of staff, teachers and learners using 21st century and innovative renewable energy blended VET materials. We bridge the gaps in profiles between education, the labour market and governance policies. The consortium is part of African and global networks to share the lessons learned and scaling competences.
Our primary target groups:
- VET organizations and teachers (to increase the capacity and support their exposure);
- Youngsters in the age group of 16-30 years, 60% female/40% male
- Employees of business partners.
Our secondary target groups:
- Private sector to boost their business and close the gap between VET and labour;
- Local decision makers and our global partners to build an ecosystem that drives the transformation;
- Society to inspire them with positive stories and best practice examples.
Our main outcomes
- Score of 10 on evaluation by VET organizations and participants
- Gap between VET and labour smaller
- Profiles formally recognized
- Expertise on renewable energy is a fundament for prosperity to society
Our main outputs after 2 years will be focused on getting 9 trainers trained; 200 students trained and to create personal business plans hosted by 25 businesses.
We want to achieve this by setting up a Train-the-trainer project with schools, businesses and local government and network, as well as partners in the Netherlands and Italy, to strengthen the capacity of the Cameroonian partners. Our main focus will be on renewable energy and sustainability, related to entrepreneurship, as well as mobilities and exchange of staff and students from Cameroon to Italy and the Netherlands.
After a successful Kick Off in February 2023, the project is underway with the development of programmes on sustainable energy and entrepreneurship. These Modules will run in the Fall of 2023, after which they will be evaluated, updated and run again in 2024. After the second run the final evaluation will be done and presented at a final Manifesto in Cameroon (later 2024).
For more information, read our latest post on LinkedIn.